companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ginger Thai Chicken


Finally, as promised, the Ginger Thai Chicken I made a few weeks ago. One of three marinades that go together easily for a weekend grill-up. If you don't recall, I buy a big package of breasts and marinade them all at the same time in three different flavor combos. Then the hubby gets to fire up the grill and cook enough for several meals at a time.

This marinade is tasty-- a bit different from my regular Asian style marinade. No soy sauce. This one does have flavor though. We really liked it, and it is great on a salad.

Ginger Thai Chicken

1/2 cup chopped cilantro (reserve a few tsp for garnish)
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 T sesame oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast

Combine all marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag. Add chicken and let marinade several hours or overnight. Remove chicken and discard marinade. Grill until no longer pink in the center. Top with reserved chopped cilantro.

Serves 4  at  159 calories    1 g carb    8 g fat    26 g protein

Easy and good. That is the way I like it. Still hanging on here. I will be working on the Diner News this week, and I hope to be able to get to blogging and the FB more often now that classes are over for a while. The storms in my personal life are still raging, but I have many wonderful friends who are lifting me up. Some of you I have never even met face to face. Thank you! This weekend my sweetheart of a middle son will be moving out. My house is going to seem so empty. I am happy though, that he is moving into the apartment at our school, so I will still see a lot of him. The months ahead will be challenging. We will not be having a summer school session, so I plan to devote lots of time to some low carbing projects to use as fundraisers for school. I think the change of pace is a good thing. It will refresh me for the fall. I had a wonderful last day and end of the year program with our families, and I am inspired that all things work together for our good.



Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php
Proceeds from my book sales go entirely to support my educational program. Your purchase makes a difference to the teens I teach.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Might be a silly question, but... what is fish sauce??

karen said...

thanks again for another great recipe! i am going to try that this week. I also posted a comment on your May 18 post. Hope things are better.

Unknown said...

It's a type of sauce used in oriental cooking. You usually find it on the international isle in most grocery stores. It is usually where the Asian food items are.

Unknown said...

Gross fish sauce.... can I substitute it for ANYTHING ELSE ��

Unknown said...

Gross fish sauce.... can I substitute it for ANYTHING ELSE ��

Unknown said...

you can substitute soy sauce