companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

I am a huge fan of the sweet-hot-savory combo. Think jalapeno pepper jelly. No. Think Raspberry Chipotle Sauce! I still love my Chipotle Madness barbeque sauce, but this one is different. It takes advantage of sugarfree red raspberry preserves I found at Aldi. They are Splenda sweetened, so if you don't do that, then this recipe won't work for you. I am not into making my own raspberry puree these days. You might want to, so if so, please make some for me! For those who use Splenda, read on. I actually use lots of different sweeteners. I would love to go all natural, but we have never suffered any ill effects from sweeteners, so when they are difficult to replace, I just go with it.

Now, I know my hubby is not gonna eat this. But I seem to be craving spiciness as of late. Even though he is the one who is diabetic, sometimes I cook just for my tastes...well, I am also pretty sure my youngest will like this too. Today, I played around with this sauce and for ease of preparation, I stirred it into some chicken cubes from the freezer. Glorious! It would be great over grilled chicken, burgers, ribs...any place you would like a barbecue sauce.

Raspberry Chipotle Sauce 


8 ounces tomato sauce
½ cup sugarfree raspberry preserves
½ cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Wright's Liquid Smoke
2 packets sweetener
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp xanthan gum

In a sauce pan, combine the tomato sauce, preserves, water, vinegar and liquid smoke. In a small bowl, stir together the sweetener, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and xanthan gum. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, whisking as you pour. Heat to a simmer, stirring often. Simmer on very low heat for 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and transfer to a jar.

4 carbs for a tablespoon serving.

Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 

http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

4 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

My sons like spicy. They would like this!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so glad I saw this. This used to be one of my favorites - Cowboy Bob's Raspberry Chipotle sauce.
I can't wait to try your version!
If you like salmon, try it on salmon filets that you grill or broil, you will not believe how good it is.
Thanks so much.
Nancy

Lisa Marshall said...

Sounds great. I have never tried a spicy salmon. Too pricey to mess up if I didn't like it. I might just try it your way, now.

liam @ the low carb recipes said...

One thing i am lacking at the moment are sauces like these, will have to give it a go and make a batch