companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Southwest Scramble and Green Chili Day


Scrambles are some of the easiest and tastiest breakfasts around. They are even delish for lunch or dinner--especially this one with the spicy green chili peppers. I am in the process of freezing up my big can of chilies, but set aside a cup for breakfast this morning. Yum. Even my hubby, who doesn't share my passion for peppers, likes these. Maybe because they seem to remind him of his mama. The only slightly spicy thing she liked was green chili. Or so he tells me. Sure wish I could have met his power packed pint sized mom, but he lost her in college. All the more reason to watch our health! Amazing that they used to tell us eggs were the enemy to a healthy life.

Southwestern Scramble


6 eggs
3 Tablespoons cream
1 cup green chilies
8 grape tomatoes sliced in half
1/4 diced onion
1 Tablespoon coconut oil


Beat eggs and cream together. In a skillet, saute tomatoes and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Add the green chilies and stir. Stir the egg mixture into the vegetables and scramble until set. Serves 3-4.

These were easy, fast and good. What more could you want--except that 66 ounce can of chilies like I have! If a small can is all you have, that will do too. I used a cup because I have lots of chilies. We had Green Chili Pork made in the crockpot tonight, but the boys ate it all up before I got home from my appointment. Sorry, no photo for my green chili day. Guess that means it was good!

I had a mini prep day this morning while it was cool--relatively cool that is. (Sunday I was a little busy with the newsletter and didn't get it all done) I got two additional pork chop meals prepped for later crockpot dinners. I also made 4 bags of Minute Beef regular and 2 Italian Minute Beef packages. Instead of a breakfast casserole, I made a huge batch of Sausage Jicama Hash. That will be perfect to warm up quickly on busy mornings.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!