companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, March 1, 2010

Italian Chicken Sausage Soup


Remember the other day when I gave you the recipe for Chicken Sausage Meatballs? I told you I was planning a soup, and here it is. I had made enough chicken sausage for several meals, so this chicken came from the freezer today. It was not made into balls, I just froze it as a chunk. I defrosted in a microwave, then added to the pot to brown.

Italian Chicken Sausage Soup for One

3-4 ounces of chicken sausage
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
2 cups fresh spinach
pinch of lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of pepper
salt to taste

Lightly brown the chicken sausage in the soup pot. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.


The chicken sausage is really flavorful and adds so much to the soup. Overall, this is very light on calories too. I just love all those soup commercials that claim how healthy and light their soups are. I am sure with all the additives, this home made soup is far healthier...and fresher tasting too!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

You are absolutely right about homemade soups feeling better for you than store bought! You used natural ingredients and who knows what they use! I can't wait to try this one!