companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ranch Chicken


Friday night and we just ate burgers. Big half pounders. Yum. Sorry no photo, I was busy grilling some extras for John to take to work tomorrow. Poor man is putting in so much overtime. This week has been so busy for all of us. I added a new class to my teaching schedule, and had lots of last minute prep work to do. Well, classes are over for the week, the frigid weather has moved out, and I think I'll get settled in my new schedule soon. I wanted to take a picture of the grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing that I took for lunch today, but I just ran out of time. Maybe I can do better this coming week. Drop me a comment or two to let me know you are still out there. Encouragement helps.

The photo above is from Wednesday. We had baked Ranch Chicken Tenders with a broccoli cauliflower mix. Too simple. Just sprinkle some ranch dressing mix on the chicken and bake or grill it. I make my own ranch dressing mix to control the starch content. These were really good. The veggies were topped with some bottled peppercorn ranch dressing to complete the theme.

I have been trying to be better about drinking green tea lately. I tasted the bottled variety and really liked the flavor. Since then, I have been trying to duplicate the taste. Not much luck yet, but I am open for suggestions from you. I bought a variety mix, so I have lots of flavors and sweetener combos to experiment with. Be sure to let me know if you have a favorite.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love what you do! I'm here. Checking every day! Getting ideas, and just reading what you're cooking.

I brew Lipton green tea...there's a (orange passionflower jasmine?) green tea that is FANTASTIC! It tastes nothing like the bottled stuff, but I love it so much, that I don't think it needs sweetener at all.

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I've read that the bottled tea doesn't have the benefits using real tea does, so I hope you find something you love!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and check it EVERY day!

Anonymous said...

Yours is the first blog I read every day. Keep up the good work! I don't know how you find time to do it all, but the recipes and ideas are great. Real recipes for real people!

Joan said...

I am going to make the Ranch Chicken for dinner tomorrow night. You are always an inspiration for my meals. Thank you for the time you put into this! Joan

Lisa Marshall said...

Aw. Thanks guys. I needed that!

T2Nashville said...

May not comment all the time, but we are here! Don't stop!