companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, June 26, 2009

Barbecue Chicken Pizza


The Signature Pizza section of the e-book gives lots of ideas for pizzas, some of which are a bit unusual. Tonight, I chose to bake up a barbecue style pizza. It is a great change of pace from the norm. To make it, heat up a bag of Chicken Cubes, or grill some tenders and dice them. I also sprinkle the chicken with some rotisserie seasoning and a Knorr Cilantro cube.

I happened to have some home made barbecue sauce still in the fridge, but you can use KC Masterpiece Classic if you can find it. It has disappeared from the shelves around my town. I also diced up some red onion. Our low carb crust of the night was Joseph's Pita bread. Not having to bake a crust kept me from having a hot oven for too long. Very important when it is over 100 degrees outside! Just spread on the sauce, top with shredded cheese, chicken, onions and another layer of cheese. Bake for about 8 minutes and dinner is served. I added a bagged salad. We had eaten so much salad this week, my supply from last weekend had run out.

I'm tired now; the heat really drains me. Maybe I can talk someone else into doing the dinner dishes...

No comments: