companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Teriyaki Steak


Tonight we had the Year End Program for my highschooler. After a lovely ceremony, we were treated to one of those typical large group buffet lines. You know the kind--chips, store bought cookies, crackers and the like. Not to mention the sugary punch and the sheet cake. Out of all the offerings, we were able to eat the mixed nuts, cheese cubes and salami(only one left of each when I got through the line) and a very questionable meatball. Of course it had fillers, but it was better than a cookie!

Needless to say, we were still hungry when we arrived home. I had planned ahead. A "dump" meal was waiting. To my rescue was Teriyaki Steak. I added the steak pieces, already marinated, to a skillet. When they were nearly done, I added some frozen broccoli spears. Voila! Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli. Yum. I also steamed some cauliflower to use as a base if anyone wanted. I liked mine without, but it was there for those who wanted it. After a long day, it is so nice not to have to wonder what to have for dinner. I really didn't feel like cooking, but dump meals are so easy. In the old days before the Diner, I would have begged to stop for pizza on the way home. But then, in those days, I would have eaten most everything in the buffet line too!

No comments: