companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Thyme Spinach


Marinating just seems to work magic on chicken. All those flavors together like a happy family. My family is happy tonight with this chicken. I prepped this weeks ago as a dump recipe from the Freezer Favorites section. Today, I was able just to place it in a casserole dish and forget about dinner for awhile. When one of those teenagers selling magazines rang the doorbell, his first question was not about his product, but about that wonderful aroma that greeted him as I opened the door. Poor guy, I didn't have enough to offer him dinner, and I didn't buy a magazine either.

To compliment the Mediterranean Chicken, I chose a simple spinach saute. This recipe is light and tasty, and that is something for an avowed spinach hater such as myself. I just don't like the canned stuff, and the frozen is not much better for me. I do love spinach salads and I like lightly sauteed spinach. Tonight's recipe used some lemon thyme from my herb garden, but you could substitute a light sprinkle of dried thyme.

Lemon Thyme Spinach

2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 sprigs of lemon thyme
dash of lemon pepper
6-9 ounces of fresh baby spinach

Remove the thyme leaves from the stem. Stir into softened butter. Add garlic. Let the flavors mix while you bake the rest of dinner. Just before the entree is ready, melt the flavored butter in a skillet. Add the spinach and stir to coat the leaves with butter. Cook, stirring often, until the leaves wilt. Do not over cook. Sprinkle with lemon pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Hi,

I would like to include your recipe in our "Grow Your Own" roundup this month! For information on how to enter, please go to

http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2009/04/hosting-april-2009-grow-your-own.html

Aloha, Nate